- What is the term for a set of step-by-step instructions that direct a computer to perform its tasks?
4) Instruction manual
- What is the initial page of the Web site?
1) The start page
2) The hyper link page
3) The link page
4) The home page
- A __________ card connects each computer to the wiring in the network.
1) network interface
2) PC interface
4) All of the above
- __________ has a large storage capacity, up to 17 GB if both layers and both sides are used.
- During the ____________ operation, the control unit determines what the program is telling the computer to do.
- To connect to a WAN, you must have:
- Which is NOT a function of a microprocessor?
1) Controls the rest of the computer’s components
2) Keeps the system unit cool
3) Processes data
4) Interprets instructions given by software
- If a memory chip is volatile, it will…….
1) explode if exposed to high temperatures
2) lose its contents if current is turned off
3) be used for data storage only
4) be used to both read and write data
- What is output?
1) What the processor takes from the user
2) What the user gives to the processor
3) What the processor gets from the user
4) What the processor gives to the user
- Which device cannot be shared in network ?
- The ____tells the computer how to use its components.
3) Application program
4) Operating system
- A set of computer programs that helps a computer monitor itself and function more efficiently is a/an
2) System Software
4) Applications Software
- You would use this software to create spreadsheets, type documents, and edit photos
- Which key is used in combination with another key to perform a specific task ?
2) Space bar
- The following is responsible for number of logical records in a physical record
1) Blocking factor
3) Boolean algebra
4) All of the above
- e-mail account includes a storage area, often called a(n)
4) IP address
- The fastest, biggest and most expensive computer among the following is
2) High Super computer
4) Super computer
- What does SMPS stands for?
1) Switched Mode Power Supply
2) Single Mode Power Supply
3) Simple Mode Power Supply
4) Synchronous Mode Power Supply
- What is the name given to the standard set of rules that two computers use to communicate with each other?
1) Access control
- Which part of the computer helps in storing information?
1) Disk drive
- The home page
- network interface
- Keeps the system unit cool
- lose its contents if current is turned off
- What the processor gives to the user
- Operating system
- System Software
- Blocking factor
- Super computer
- Switched Mode Power Supply
- Disk drive
For More Computer Awareness Question Click Here
Hindi Typing knowledge and Question Click Here
Jharkhand Gk Click Here